So, you question whether or not you want to do theatre.
You tell yourself you came to L.A. to pursue a career in film and TV.
So why would you be chasing some small 99 Seater east of Highland? (Click HERE for TRUE BLOOD ACTOR Gregg Daniel’s TIPS on L.A. THEATRE.)
I’ll tell you why:
1) Theatre is the BEST training ground for actors. Always has been, always will be.
2) Theatre puts you in a community of like minded actors.
3) Agents and Managers DO come out and see theatre.
4) Theatre helps with nerves.
5) Theatre enables you to hold your head up high and say, “Yes, I am a bloody actor,” whether you are being paid or not!
6) Theatre is super fun.
7) If you don’t have kids, you’ll be glad you did theatre before you began taking care of a family when suddenly doing theatre becomes oh-so-much-more complicated.
Bottom line: Doing SOMETHING as an actor is better than sitting around dreaming of the career you don’t yet have. Get yourself in a play, or produce a show with some friends and watch the magic that ensues.